Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bike Adventure Weekend

I'm two weeks deep in school (more on that later), but the weekend before school started up was SO much fun with Bear. We had a summer full of adventures, and I knew that both of us were going to be pretty busy with our upcoming schedules, so I wanted to make our last weekend of summer vacation jam-packed!

Firstly, I finally got Bear's bike fixed. It was supposed to be a surprise, but he noticed right when he came over since "it wasn't covered in cobwebs". Saturday started early, because we wanted to beat the heat, so we got out of the house around 8, and headed to Coffee Cup Cafe on 4th St., and after trying to look casual after we scratched a parked car with our bikes, we ordered a really yummy breakfast.



After that, I took Bear to two very special spots. One was a spot that I had always dreamed about taking him while he was on his mission. It's a place I used to always ride and just think. The second was THE LIGHTHOUSE! I try to take everyone there whenever we go on bike rides. It's just fun for them to see the downtown area and have a great view of Long Beach.



Next we rode to one of my other surprises: THE AQUARIUM OF THE PACIFIC!! My friend gave me two free tickets, so we got to enjoy the afternoon there. It was really, really fun. We got to touch moon jellies, rays, and sharks. See little Nemos, seals and sea lions, otters, and jelly fish galore. I loved the sting rays though.



Oh, the fun didn't stop. Then we rode our bikes to the Pike where we went to watch Crazy, Stupid, Love where we fell in love with Ryan Gosling. JK, only I fell deeper in love with him. We also snuck in Cold Stones (our favorite theater food), and I scarfed down Bear's pretzel bites. 

We were pretty pooped by that time, and I got a got a tan from my racerback dress, but our day didn't stop there! It was only around 2, so we took a short nap, then Bear took me back-to-school shopping at Forever 21. I got 2 new skirts, two tops, and earrings. :] Even though we were tired, Bear wanted to go watch another movie, so we watched Fright Night! It was entertaining, but I wish we saw it in 3D! 

The next day he went to Sacrament meeting with me, then he went to stuff his new bike in his car, because he had to head back home. I'm really excited to have some new bike adventures with Bear in SD!

1 comment: