Sunday, September 11, 2011

21K Part 2

So school has started, and the 21K had a sweet reunion. We all came to the pool party that LaMar threw, and it was great seeing everyone and catching up. We're a pretty tight knit group, and I love it. This semester is supposed to the most challenging program of the semester, and I believe it. There's only been 2 weeks of school and I've already had to give 2 presentations. Short presentations, but coming from a person who has absolutely no public speaking skills, that's asking a lot...

So this semester we're taking Package Design with Tor and Branding with Sunook. Both classes have set the bar, but it sounds really exciting. I'm excited to get back in to the creative groove. In Tor's class we're trying to do sustainable packaging, and I decided to do rock climbing rope. My concept makes sense, I'm just hoping my execution comes through. As for Branding... we're branding one of our classmates. We're supposed to get to know them as a client, find some kind of product or what not and brand that based on our classmates attributes and character. Or at least I think that's what we're doing... That class is something else...

I'm also taking 5D: Designing for the Futureee with Tanya. That class is really small. about 15-18 people, but I don't mind. The class is a little hard to swallow sometimes, because you'll be on board one class, and completely confused the next, but this is a completely new class so we're the guinea pigs. It's a concept class and we're designing just as the class states -- "for the future" with all of this crazy Minority Report type technology. It's interesting...

I'm excited to see what challenges I can overcome as a designer and what I can produce this semester. In our branding class, we had to anonymously tell each classmate one good quality about them and one "constructive criticism," and got a lot of "self doubtful" and "worrisome" type qualities, so I'm working on it. I'm just going to be confident and a little more experimental with my designs. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment